- On 3 August 2016
- In Athens - Syros 3 Days
Athens – Syros Island 3 Days
Early in the morning, at 06:00 a.m., we will meet you at your hotel and drive you in style to our largest port, the port of Piraeus. Departure for the capital of the Cyclades and Syros will be at 07:30 with Blue Star Ferries. During this short cruise you’ll be passing some of the many islands scattered thoughout the Aegean. Arriving at Syros at 11:30 a.m. you will be greeted and driven directly to your hotel. After getting settled you’ll have the rest of the day free to enjoy the island. Later we will pick you up to have dinner in the medieval settlement of Ano Syros with a great view of the harbour and the surrounding islands. While spending the night on Syros you can stroll along the waterfront checking out the cafes and pubs.
After breakfast at your hotel, we will take a trip to the seaside village of Kini. Kini Beach is located on the west side of Syros and can be found at approximately at the same height as Ermoupoli (in the east), at a distance of 11 km. Due to its location, the beach at Kini has the best sunset on the island. Kini is situated between the beaches of Lotos (to the south and at a short distance) and Dolphini (to the north). It is organized with umbrellas and sun beds, and within walking distance of restaurants and accommodation found in the homonymous village. When you arrive in the village, look for in the center of the beach and the fountain with the statue of a mermaid holding the shipwrecked sailor, a tribute to all those lost at sea. We will drive you back to your hotel and the rest of the afternoon will be free to discover why Greeks prefer to holiday here before spending the night in Syros.
Your last morning will at for your leisure. Walk around meet the people and don’t forget to try the famous local sweets, loukoumi and nougat. Later early in the afternoon we will drive you to the port. Departure for Piraeus will be at 15:30 with Blue Star Ferries, arriving at 19:25. On arrival we will be there, standing by to drive you to your hotel in Athens or to the Airport if that is the case.
Transfer Hotel in Athens – Piraeus Port
Transfer Syros Port – Hotel in Syros
Transfer Hotel in Syros – Kini Beach
Transfer Kini Beach – Hotel in Syros
Transfer Hotel in Syros -Syros Port
Transfer Piraeus Port – Hotel in Athens or Airport
Allow us to introduce you to Syros, one our Aegean gems. Although it’s a small island and the capital of the Cyclades, it is fairly unknown to the tourist masses. Even so Syros has a population of over 35000. It was known since prehistoric times, Homer even mention it in the Iliad. Never being conquered by the Turks because it was under the protection of the Francs, it grew into a safe, wealthy state. The then Catholic population took in many Greek Orthodox refugees mostly from other islands. Ermoupolis, the islands capital, rapidly become a jewel with magnificent public buildings designed by great architects like the Ziller, the Sampo and the Erlacher. This is not your typical tourist trap island. This is not Myconos, that’s next door. It is the island were Greeks holiday so if you want the real Greek island experience Syros is the way to go.
- Island hopping packages are individual tours and not group tours. They do not include flights from/to your country.
- Extend your stay on the Island – Just ask for it when you make your reservetion.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Suitable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended for your comfort
- Hats, sun glasses and suntan lotion are highly recommended.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour, excluding some museums.
- Clothing: When visiting Churches and Monasteries entrance will be allowed only to those with proper outfits i.e. Gentlemen (long trousers) and ladies (skirts, not short ones). These are places of worship and we pay them the respect they deserve.
- Firstly and most importantly. ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE CONFIRMED BY Olivesea.gr
- In respect to Island Hopping cancellations. There is NO cancellation fee (deposit or full amount) WILL be refunded. That’s right you will be fully refunded 100% the amount you have paid whether it is a deposit or the full amount , just so long as you cancel your reservation at least 30 days before your service date.
- Apart from the above cancellation limits, NO refunds will be made. If though, you fail to make your appointment for reasons that are out of your hands , that would be, in connection with the operation of your airline or cruise ship or strikes , extreme weather conditions or mechanical failure. You WILL be refunded 100% of the paid amount.
- Let it be noted that, if your cancellation date is over TWO (2) months away from your reservation date, It has been known for third party providers such as credit card companies, PayPal, ect. to charge a levy fee usually somewhere between 2-4%.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked.
- Olive sea.gr reserves the right to cancel your booking at any time, when reasons beyond our control arise, such as strikes, prevailing weather conditions, mechanical failures, etc. occur. In this unfortunate case you shall be immediately notified via the email address you used when making your reservation and your payment WILL be refunded 100%.
- Please take the time to carefully go through the individual terms and conditions for your information and protection. It is your own responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the various terms associated with your contract in advance to placing any bookings.